Friday, January 26, 2007

Ms stories

Glad to hear you're doing good back on the Tysabri!

XXXXXX:)
----- Original Message -----
From: "XXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXX@kdsi.net>
To: <XXXXXXXXXXX@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: XXXXXXXXXXXXX xxxxxx: Anyone out there taking Tysabri?

> XXXXXXX,
> I was on Betaseron since my diagnosis in 6/2000 I had an MRI in Nov. 2004
> and it showed some active lesions which had not shown up before as I had
> MRI's every year. The nuero said Betaserson was not working for me
> anymore and I should go on Tysabri which I did in Dec. and had the 3
> infusions before it was taken off the market. I then went on Rebief but
> started having problems with Rebief like the welts (large red circles)
> around the site where I injected and it would take up to 4 months for them
> to go away. This started happening like last six -eight months ago. In
> Sept I had the six month checkup with the nuero and told her about the
> reactions to the Rebief shots. She asked if I wanted to go back on
> Tysabri the main reason being my reaction to Rebief. It took a long time
> to get approved by my insurance but I still had to be off Rebief for at
> least 30 days before I could do the Tysabri infusion and since I was off
> longer I was told that was a good thing. I felt great after the first
> infusion and even feel I have more energy and look forward to the next
> infusion in Feb.
>
> I had an MRI before starting Tysabri, blood work and they really put you
> through a drill with the questions they must ask before the infusion. My
> infusion is done at a Cancer Center in Kearney, NE which I have to drive
> 100 miles one way we are use to driving long ways
> to get places so it doesn't bother me. They told me the next infusion is
> in 30 days but you could go up to 7 days before or 7 days after the 30
> days which give you some flexibility in scheduling. I guess I've told you
> more then you want to know. That is my Tysabri story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home