Tuesday, February 27, 2007

MS story

Im sorry that I haven't been around lately. I have been spending
alot of time with my new boyfriend(who has MS) and just doing things
with him. But, on a sadder note, last night he had an attack. His
whole left side is numb. He is in the hospital right now. Usually
when this happens, he is in the hospital for 10 days and then he
comes home. He had me call the ambulance last night around
midnight. They got here and I followed the ambulance in my car. I
was with him the whole time. I was at the hospital from 12:30 this
morning until 7:15 am and then I went home, showered and got my 8
month old son(because Jason, my boyfriend) was asking me to bring him
up to see him. I got back at the hospital at 10:15 this morning and
didn't leave until 6:45 tonight. So, today I have spent 15 hrs at the
hospital. I am not complaining one bit, I just feel so helpless like
I am not doing enough for him. Is there anything I can do for him
other than be with him at the hospital every chance I get?? This is
his first attack since we have been together. Its really hard on me
watching him try to do things with only 1 hand and I keep offering to
help him, but most of the time he says, I can do it, so I let him. I
keep telling him that if he needs my help with something to please
tell me because I am more than willing to do anything he needs my
help with. The nurse told me this afternoon that they were gonna
take him down for a MRI tonight, but I talked to him an hour ago and
they still haven't done it yet. His family-especially his mom and
his aunt(who he is very close to) are very thankful and keep telling
me that they are so thankful and happy that he finally has found
someone who loves him for who he is and isn't turning their back on
him. I keep telling them that I feel like I am not doing enough and
they keep telling me that I am by just being with him at the hospital
and that just shows how much I care and love him. Jason keeps
telling me thank you for being there with him and that I am doing
more than enough to help him through this by just being with him at
the hospital. I just love the man sooooooo much that I feel like
just being there isnt enough. So really I just want to know is there
anything else that I can do for him other than being with him at the
hospital and telling him that I am there for him and I am willing to
help him do whatever it is that he needs help with?

Thanks for listening to me, I am gonna try and get some rest and go
back to him in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home