Saturday, December 30, 2006

just started Tysabri as of November 29

Hello my name is Randy (f) and I have had RRSP (relapsing remitting
secondary progressive) MS for 12 years now. I was recommended to this
group by another existing member. I have been reading the posts for two
or three weeks now and have responded to very few. But I find this
group to be very positive and enlightening to be a part of it.

I am 54 years old, I have 4 children 32, 31, 27 and 25 three girls and
one boy very luckily I was almost finished raising them before I was
diagnosed with this lovely disease lol. We also have five beautiful
grandchildren. I have been married for 34 years to my wonderful
supporting husband who has been my lover, my friend and my 100%
caregiver.

I have been through every treatment that has been offered throughout the
past 12 years. I have just started Tysabri as of November 29 with my
first infusion. Luckily I had no side effects or reactions to the
medication. But I have not seen any other real positive reactions to
this medication so far. I get my second does on December 29, I am very
hopeful and positive that this will slowly start to work for me. My
neurologist was very pleased that I was able to accept the medication so
well. They all said I'd look so great (what did I look like before lol)
so at least it made me feel a little bit better. Is anyone else in this
group on the same medication and if so what is your response been? I
know everybody is different so that probably was not a very fair
question.

I just wanted to introduce myself and I would be very happy to talk to
any and or all of you. Welcome to the many other new members that have
joined this group. I also wish everyone a very happy new year and maybe
there will be a cure on the horizon for all of us. Thanks again, smiles
Randy

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hi Randy, my name is Lauren and I just turned 52 recently. I took your Tysabri survey but there was no "submit" tab at the end, so I'm unsure if you received it - lol.

I am on Tysabri as well, with my 4th infusion set 1/19/07 (woohoo!). Patients contemplating Tysabri can view Patient Progress Reports, and patients on Tysabri can submit their Progress Reports to the following website: www.MSPatientsForChoice.org

You can also contact me at LGLBGL2003@AOL.com and/or you can view my Blog: Living With MS/My Tysabri Diary, at: http://lauren-livingwithms-aolcomlglbgl2003.blogspot.com/

Best wishes with your future Tysabri infusions Randy, and all the very best to you and your readers in 2007!

Lauren :)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home